Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Below are our most frequently asked questions. If you do not find your answer here, submit a question and we will be happy to assist you further during business hours Monday through Friday.
WHAT IS ROOTED NETWORK?
Rooted Network is a discipleship ministry partner, equipping leaders through storytelling, training, and resources. We exist to help the Church around the world facilitate life-changing experiences that propel people forward on their faith journey.
WHAT IS ROOTED?
The Rooted experience is a 10-week small-group discipleship resource that inspires questions, conversations, and experiences designed to connect people to God, the Church, and their purpose. Rooted positions your discipleship ministry for success by building community around essential beliefs and rhythms for life with Jesus. Designed to be facilitated through a local church or ministry, Rooted will energize existing groups as well as provide a pathway for new people to become connected. Learn about the Rooted experience by attending a free "What is Rooted?" webinar and downloading a sample.
WHAT ARE THE TIME COMMITMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR ROOTED GROUPS?
Rooted is facilitated through a local church or ministry in small groups of 10-15 people over ten weeks. Groups meet for approximately two hours each week for discussion and experiences centered around the workbook content completed between meetings.
For two of the weekly meetings, all groups gather together at the beginning of the two hours for teaching from the pastor on the following:
- Kick Off (Week 1)
- Sacrificial Generosity (Week 8)
In addition to their weekly group meetings, groups will meet on three occasions to experience the following rhythms:
- Prayer (between weeks 3 and 4 at best time for group)
- Serve (between weeks 6 and 7 at best time for group)
- Celebration (following week 10 with all groups together)
IN WHAT LANGUAGES ARE THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE?
Rooted is currently available in English and Spanish. All other resources are currently available in English.
ARE RESOURCES AVAILABLE DIGITALLY?
The Rooted Network Digital Hub provides online access to resources and leader tools. The Digital Hub is an option for individuals and groups who prefer an interactive digital format for study and the convenience of anywhere, anytime access. Digital Hub resources include all content from printed resources. Digital Hub resources can be purchased through the Rooted Network Shop.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY DIGITAL RESOURCES?
CAN I PREVIEW THE RESOURCE BEFORE I BUY IT?
We recommend attending the “What is Rooted?” free webinar hosted monthly. The webinar gives an overview to the Rooted experience and how it can fit into your church or ministry context.
There are three options for reviewing Rooted Network resources.
Option 1 | Download samples (links to follow)
Rooted in Spanish
Rooted Essentials for Students
Theology and the Mission of God
The Story of God
The Story of God for Students
On The Table
Life In Rhythm
Option 2 | Purchase digital access available through the Rooted Network Digital Hub
Option 3 | Purchase The Rooted Network Discipleship Bundle to see how Rooted Network resources offer a clear pathway for discipleship in your church. Save 25% by buying the bundle vs each product individually.
IS THERE A ROOTED EDITION FOR KIDS?
We do not currently have a Rooted version for kids but desire to provide resources in the future.
ARE THERE RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS?
Rooted Essentials is designed for your student ministry. The product is consistent in experience with the adult version ofRooted, including the 7 Rhythms of a disciple, but is adjusted to 6 weeks according to common practices in student ministry (vs 10-weeks for the adult version).
The Story of God for Students is an 8-week, group-discipleship resource exploring the overarching redemptive narrative of the Bible. Students will discover the story of Jesus on every page of Scripture and how to live as part of that story. This chronological journey from Genesis to Revelation will remove the intimidation-factor of reading the Bible, lead students to a better understanding of Scripture, and deepen their passion for following Jesus in their day-to-day lives.
CAN I PHOTOCOPY ROOTED NETWORK RESOURCES?
All Rooted Network resources are copyrighted materials and cannot be modified or edited for any reason. We encourage churches who wish to emphasize language or doctrines specific to their contexts to do so within the in-person facilitation and discussion times.
CAN I EDIT ROOTED NETWORK RESOURCES?
All Rooted Network resources are copyrighted materials and cannot be modified or edited for any reason. We encourage churches who wish to emphasize language or doctrines specific to their contexts to do so within the in-person teaching and discussion times.
TRAINING & COACHING
DOES COACHING COME WITH THE PURCHASE OF ROOTED RESOURCES?
We offer free coaching (with no pressure ever) to all churches who are exploring or actively using Rooted Network resources.
WHAT TRAINING EVENTS DOES ROOTED NETWORK OFFER?
We offer a variety of training events throughout the year:
- What Is Rooted?: Receive an introduction to Rooted and how the resource fits into the local church (free of charge virtual event).
- Learning Communities: Engage with topic and resource-focused training (free of charge virtual event).
- Prepare to Pilot: Learn the purpose for piloting Rooted, who to invite, plus best practices and pitfalls that will make the best use of your church pilot experience (free of charge virtual event).
- Prepare to Launch: Help your church prepare to launch Rooted in your specific context during this one day intensive training (fee per participant virtual event).
WHAT IS A PILOT GROUP AND IS IT REQUIRED?
The Rooted Pilot session is a chance to walk through the Rooted experience with leaders in your church. The Pilot session will:
- Create ownership and understanding of the Rooted experience among key leaders in your church
- Train future facilitators before a church-wide launch
- Help you and your team experience what God will do through Rooted and how it could work in your context
PLACING AN ORDER
HOW DO I ACCESS MY DIGITAL RESOURCES?
CAN I BUY ROOTED RESOURCES IF I AM NOT A CHURCH STAFF MEMBER?
The Rooted experience is structured to be facilitated in groups and through the local church. Therefore, we encourage participants contact their church Rooted coordinator to receive a copy of Rooted resources. All other Rooted Network resources are available to individuals and small groups.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DOES ROOTED NETWORK TAKE?
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
HOW CAN I BILL MY CHURCH?
We offer billing options for churches whose order totals over $5,000. If an order qualifies, contact us to place an order through Customer Service.
HOW DO I RECEIVE TAX EXEMPTION?
For churches placing a first-time order, place your order as is, including the tax. After placing the order, email the order number and tax exempt certificate to email@example.com. Rooted Network will refund the taxes paid back to the method of payment. The refund will appear within 7-10 business days. All future orders placed under the account will receive tax exemption.
WHAT IS THE ROOTED NETWORK RETURN POLICY?
Rooted Network has a limited return policy and not all returns are guaranteed. Therefore, plan and order according to need.
- A return request must be made within 30 days of the purchase by submitting a request online.
- Return of the physical product must be received at the fulfillment center in original, resellable condition within 60 days of purchase.
- All return requests must have an accompanying order number.
- The customer is responsible for paying the return shipping cost, unless, at the discretion of Rooted Network, a qualifying event determines otherwise. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Returns are only accepted via FedEx or UPS. Returns received via other shipping couriers will not be processed and a refund will not be issued.
DIGITAL HUB RESOURCES
- A return request must be made within 14 days of the purchase by submitting a request online.
DO YOU OFFER BULK DISCOUNTS?
Due to the nature of normal orders with Rooted Network being bulk orders the listed price is for all orders. Coupon Codes are not available for discounted pricing.
Most churches charge their participants for the Rooted experience and other resources. Charging participants increases buy-in, fosters accountability, and saves the church from having to cover the entire amount for participants. We have seen a higher dropout rate in churches that do not charge their participants.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING ORDERS
WHAT ARE THE SHIPPING RATES?
Shipping rates are calculated based on weight and final destination of package(s) in relation to the fulfillment center in Irvine, CA.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS ON SHIPPING?
We are not able to discount shipping rates. For orders of 250 books or more, there are opportunities for reduced shipping via freight rates. Learn more by submitting an inquiry online.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY ORDER?
Orders ship from Irvine, CA. Allow 5-10 business days for delivery. We recommend ordering 2-3 weeks in advance of need to give adequate time for orders to be received prior to distribution.
HOW DO I TRACK MY ORDER?
- Plan 5-10 business days for fulfillment and delivery
- You will receive two additional emails from our fulfillment center partner, RR Donnelley, from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The first email indicates receipt at the fulfillment center. The second email will provide tracking information.
If you have any questions, contact Rooted Network Customer Service.
DOES ROOTED NETWORK SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
International shipping can be expensive. We do encourage the following options:
1. Order digital resource at the Digital Hub for your participants and facilitators.
2. Ship resources to someone in the United States that has plans in the near future to travel internationally to your area and can fly the resources over with them.
3. Lastly, we do offer international shipping options through FedEx. If you'd like to purchase physical resources shipped outside of the U.S. please submit the request online.
MY BOOKS WERE DAMAGED UPON RECEIPT. HOW CAN THE ITEMS BE REPLACED?
Take a picture of the box the order came in and the damaged books. Submit the photos along with the order number and issue. Rooted Network will ship replacements as quickly as possible.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN FOR MY DELIVERY?
Signature is not required for the carrier to deliver the box(es). We do encourage tracking the order once tracking numbers are provided via email from email@example.com so that you are aware of delivery and can secure the box(es) at the time of delivery.
HOW DO I CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
Accounts are created in 2 ways:
1. During the checkout process at the time of the first order
2. Click the person icon in the top right menu and sign up for a new account
HOW CAN I EDIT MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
THE PERSON WHO ORDERED RESOURCES ISN’T ON STAFF ANYMORE AND I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS OUR ACCOUNT. HOW CAN I UPDATE THE ACCOUNT?
Contact Rooted Network Customer Service and provide the church name, current name on the account, and the desired new account information. Rooted Network will update the account and respond when completed.
HOW MANY ACCOUNTS SHOULD MY CHURCH HAVE?
We encourage all orders from a church to process through a central account to help the church maintain a centralized order history, apply tax exemption, and allow Rooted Network to most effectively serve each church.
WHERE DO I FIND VIDEOS TO USE FOR PROMOTION AT MY CHURCH?
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD ROOTED LOGOS AND GRAPHIC RESOURCES TO USE FOR INTERNAL CHURCH PROMOTION?
Below are graphics for each resource to be used in promotion in your church.
- Click resource below
- In new window that opens, click 'Download' button (down arrow) in top right corner
- Save zip file on your local computer
- Double-click on zip file on local computer to open and access individual graphics
Please note the graphics are copyrighted and therefore, items with the logo cannot be sold.